We're recruiting for a Deputy Sales Manager to help support the delivery of airframe component sales through the management of the Airframe Sales team.
- Crawley, Gatwick
- Date Published:
Reporting to the Head of Sales & Inventory, the Deputy Sales Manager will have responsibility for supporting the delivery of airframe component sales through the management of the Airframe Sales team. The Deputy Sales Manager will also manage key customer accounts and is expected to provide general support to the sales team with processing and managing daily sales and customer service tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assistance with the management and motivation of sales and AOG sales staff at all levels
- Identify and present departmental KPI’s for approval and subsequent measurement and management thereof.
- Work on continuous improvement of procedures and processes within the department
- Monitor staff performance and support annual staff appraisals
- Participation in regular management and sales meetings
- Participation in the planning and preparation of the annual budget/Op Plan
- Maintain close liaison with the external sales team to ensure an adequate level of cooperation between RSMs and Sales Executives
- Assist in preparation of customer proposals in support of the external sales team
- Maintain close liaison with Marketing Analyst to ensure sound knowledge of activity and market trends
- Maintain close liaison with all other heads of departments
- Project work and other duties as directed by Head of Sales & Inventory
- Ensure consistent pricing strategy is applied appropriately to the product type and market dynamics
- Ensure that the sales team are aware of and working to agreed on individual performance targets
- Maintain regular and detailed analysis of sales performance by project against agreed metrics
- Work closely with the Repairs Dept to identify component modification programs to optimise sales value
- Forecast, track and achieve sales revenue and gross margin projections.
- Develop customer relationships and key growth accounts
- Source and respond to Request For Quotes (RFQ’s) for services, parts and components.
- Locate components to fulfil customer RFQ’s when zero stock at AerFin; obtain the price, condition, trace, availability and tag information.
- Pursue new markets and customers
- Communicate effectively and maintain professional relationships with vendors and customers.
- Negotiate purchase prices and payment terms
- Periodic visits to key customers and trade shows
- All other duties as assigned
- Processing of incoming purchase orders
- Monitoring of the marketplace for sales opportunities
- Provide regular reports to the external sales team on RFQ and sales activity
Education and/or Experience:
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE standard in Mathematics and English.
- Relevant experience in a sales-related role within the aerospace industry
- Experience in aircraft aftermarket sales environment
- Ability to handle multiple projects and responsibilities with competing priorities
- A good level of account management and leadership experience
- Strong customer service, communication skills and attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, strong planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent negotiation, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work using own initiative
- Able to work within a team of highly motivated individuals in a fast-moving environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint)
- Strong oral and written communications
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Holds existing customer relationships in the region
- Previous management experience