We're recruiting for an Engine Technician to join our engine disassembly team at our Caerphilly Facility. The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out engine disassembly, engine movements and associated engineering tasks
- Date Published:
Summary: Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Technician is responsible for carrying out engine disassembly, engine movements and associated engineering tasks in accordance with AerFin Ltd policies and procedures and in line with regulatory requirements. Assist the Operations Manager to ensure the Workshop tasks are completed on time and the general tidiness of the work areas are maintained.
The role could involve travel and liaison with external agencies and as a result they must be able to conduct themselves in a professional manner and have excellent communication skills to maintain key relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engine Disassembly I.A.W. AerFin Ltd task cards.
- Suggest and implement amendments to AerFin Ltd Task Cards and disassembly procedures
- Advise /Assist in controlling Engine movements.
- Lead the disassembly process and maintain safe working practices in line with the AerFin H&S policy
- Identify any outstanding training requirements required within the Workshop Team.
- Forklift truck operator (up to 12 ton)
- Material handling
- Lead by example in controlling General housekeeping, arranging waste collection when required.
- Ensure tool control is maintained within the Workshop team.
- Ensure the correct storage and disposal of waste oil & fuels are maintained.
- Suggest improvements to the AerFin Ltd Quality Management System (QMS).
- Compliance with established company Quality Policy & Health & Safety policy.
- Using the OEM maintenance manuals, create task cards for new tasks and new engine types.
- Identify New tooling requirements for new products /engine types.
- Induct and identify engines designated for disassembly / create work-scopes and run induction meetings I.A.W the AerFin internal procedures.
- All other duties as assigned by Operations Manager.
Education and/or Experience:
- A recognised Engineering apprenticeship and/or relevant industry experience.
- Experience of working in an Aviation Workshop environment.
- Forklift Truck Licence,
- Quantum user,
- Aviation experience
- RB211-524, CFM and Pratt & Whitney,
- Gantry system operator, BSI experience.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk, bend and use appropriate tooling required for the task including the use of IT equipment.
The environment characteristic for this position is a Warehouse / Workshop setting.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required for this position.