Working within a small team reporting to the Director Asset Management, the Powerplant Manager is primarily responsible for supporting acquisitions of aircraft and engines.
- Date Published:
Working within a small team reporting to the Director Asset Management, the Powerplant Manager is primarily responsible for supporting acquisitions of aircraft /engines, primarily through engine value assessment and by providing engine purchase negotiation support/sale/remarketing advice.
Although primarily office based, occasional travel for liaison with airlines, external suppliers, and customers may be required and accordingly the role requires good communication skills and ability to maintain key relationships, have a current valid passport and driving licence.
The ideal candidate will be an aviation professional with previous relevant experience working within a Commercial (Technical) Powerplant position within an airline, MRO or leasing company.
Training will be provided as required.
Salary expectations: Competitive DOE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engine transition management
- Full shop visit management
- Overview shop visit management
- Table inspection of engine hardware
- Engine Physical Inspection
- Due-diligence review of all engine technical records
- Borescope overview
- Invoice review
- Max Power Assurance (MPA) run overview
- Engine Health Monitoring (EHM) / Engine Condition Monitoring (ECM) reporting
- Maintenance Repair Organisation contract negotiation and selection
- Asset traceability record sheet compilation and approval.
- Review and verification of the accuracy and completeness of asset commercial and airworthiness documentation.
- Collation of original asset airworthiness and commercial records for AerFin / external clients.
- International travel for on-site review and collation of aircraft/engine airworthiness records in support of AerFin aircraft/engine purchase / external client requirements.
- Create sales documentation packs to support the companies’ commercial operations.
- Maintain and expand the network of relationships with the investor community, including leasing companies, competitors, financial institutions, hedge funds and other potential investors in engine.
- Support the evaluation of future acquisition of aircraft/engines (either individual or portfolio)
- Support acquisition team for implementation of exit strategy
- Support flips sale of complete engine or lease of engine.
- Any other duties as directed by the Director Asset Manager as appropriate to level of experience.