Working in the Engine Division, the successful Repair Executive will assist in the management of Engine RO’s (Repair Orders) to support the daily activity of the Engine Sales Team. The role requires good communication skills, attention to detail, organisation skills and ability to maintain key relationships both internally and externally.
- Date Published:
Working with and reporting to the Repairs Manager – Engines, the Repair Executive will assist in the management of Engine RO’s to support the daily activity of the Engine Sales Team.
Office based, the role requires good communication skills, attention to detail, organisation skills and ability to maintain key relationships both internally and externally.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Liaison with AerFin’s Engine Sales Team and vendors regarding the repair of Engine material.
- Addressing and resolving sales department repair queries eg: workscopes, TAT, pricing etc.
- Quote reviews, approval and negotiation in line with cost modelled pricing.
- Updating capability lists and identifying vendors to perform repairs.
- Ensuring Repair Orders are raised as required.
- Progressing repair orders and updating Quantum accordingly
- Data input accuracy within the Quantum such as repair pricing, uploading of quotes and certs.
- Performing to KPI’s.
- Any adhoc tasks required by the Repairs Manager Engines.
- Ability to run reports to determine vendor TAT, spend and scrap rates.
- Discuss with the vendors the possibility of Repair Agreements such as upfront discounts and volume rebates before finalising with Repair Manager Engines.
- Reading and adhering to current contracts / agreements AerFin has in place
- Reviewing engine cost models
- Providing vendor spend and performance data
- Overview of invoices to ensure the correct figures that reflect the work preformed
- Reviewing tech data (LLP sheets, back to birth, TSN/CSN)
- Experience in using and reading engine manuals
- Quality & hold tickets
- Managing LOTS (scrap, etc)
- Quality discrepancy (Release certificate / transport damage)
- Communication with suppliers regarding Engine piece part repair activity.
- Reaching out to new customers and vendors to create a wider vendor base.
- Providing Status updates for RO’s linked to Sales Orders and general stock repairs.
- Attending multiple MRO’s. Interacting face to face with customers and vendors to grow strong relationships.
Education and/or Experience:
A practical interest in aviation and engineering. Relevant experience in the aerospace industry ideally gained with a stockist, MRO provider or Workshop (Minimum 3 years)
- Willingness and enthusiasm to learn.
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience of Excel / Power Point / Word / Outlook
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with large volumes of work
- Highly organised and efficient
- Experience using Quantum
- Technical Experience with an Aviation Qualification