To support continued growth we're searching for a Stores & Logistics Officer to join our team at our Gatwick Facility. The successful candidate should have relevant experience from a similar environment to help support our operation, ensuring customer requests are fulfilled in a timely and efficient manner.
- Date Published:
Working within a small team reporting to the Head of Operations - Airframe, the Stores and Logistics Officer will provide support to the Gatwick operation ensuring customer request are fulfilled.
Stores based, the role requires good communication skills, attention to detail, organisation skills and ability to maintain key relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meeting AOG deadlines to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Preparing orders for shipments to venders and customers
- Expediting deliveries with couriers
- Data entry via Quantum
- Maintenance of an organized filing system.
- Receiving materials into the company from suppliers.
- Quality control Inspection of materials received.
- Handling and storage of aeronautical parts including electro sensitive devices.
- Dealing with queries and reject parts.
- Packing parts for dispatch either domestic or export.
- Upkeep of shipping documentation.
- Liaison with colleagues in all other departments at all levels to ensure the smooth running of the company.
- To carry out any other reasonable task as may be deemed appropriate from time to time.
Education and/or Experience:
A practical interest in aviation and engineering.
Relevant experience in the aerospace industry ideally gained from working within a Stores or a Logistics environment.
- Good organisational skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A willingness and enthusiasm to learn
- Full driving licence
- Working knowledge of Quantum Inventory system
- Forklift truck licence
- Hazardous Goods in transit certificate
- Good communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work using own initiative.
- Able to work within a small team of highly motivated individuals in a fast moving entrepreneurial working environment.